Helping Your Office Run Smoothly!™
You have a small business, now you have employed a business coach to help you get more business in these economic times. The coach says “You need to have an internet presence these days to compete. This means social media like having a profile on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn and Pinterest, blogging, posting articles to article submission sites and more…” But with your shoe string budget you cannot afford much.
You don’t have time in your busy day to do all of these things. You really need to hire a Virtual Assistant. This is where we come in! We can help your office run smoothly by creating order from chaos, and get your business running without interruption.
We make sure that you have a social media presence on the internet, that your content stays fresh, we collaborate with you to design an effective schedule to post your status updates to the three prominent social media sites: Facebook, LinkedIn and Twitter. We also post your blogs to Pinterest and Google+ and article submission sites to get your business “known” on the internet.read more
This time of year is the time where we count our blessings that have been bestowed upon us throughout the year. Whether it be a bountiful crop, a successful business venture we have been working on, finally getting that gigantic project completed, getting new clients or keeping our current clients happy, or more on a personal note making sure we stay happy and healthy.
I started this business 8 years ago with an idea of helping attorneys with their client’s cases. Since that time my business has evolved into helping marketing researchers, PhD candidates and investigative reporters with interviewing their subjects. It has also evolved into helping local businesses turn their old drab website into some thing new and shiny to attract new business. All I can say is Wow Where Did the Time Go?
I want to take this time to say a big thank you to all of my past and current clients who have helped make Julia’s Virtual Assistant Service a big success. Without you we would not be in business today. I want to thank each and every one of you for your patience, understanding and continued business. We, who are in business, have to remember why we are in business today. We fill a need. We help our clients with different areas of their business that they are struggling with. So let’s each and every one of us in business take a moment to really show our gratitude to our clients by sending them a holiday card saying thank you for their continued business. You will be glad you did.read more
Owning, running and maintaining an internet based business or a site needs articles. Plain and simple, every business who has a site knows this. Even those who don’t have sites but are frequent internet users knows this as well. Articles quench the thirst for information and knowledge of the people. Plus, the articles provide many other benefits for the site.
These benefits are:
- Putting a site high in the ranking in search results of keywords and keyword phrases that pertains to or are relevant to the site.
- They provide attraction to website visitors when they are appreciated and is linked to your site from another site or newsletter.
- Articles provide for the increase of the confidence and trust levels of customers to your site and company.
Many articles are also beneficial to both company and its traffic. When the readers like the articles, they would tell more of their friends, family and peers and recommend your site to them, providing for a larger volume of traffic. You get bigger sales if your traffic trusts and believes in you. Your product or services would be much easier to sell when they know you, know what you are doing and talking about.
So ok, we have established that articles are very important to a site and to business. Articles are crucial to keep ahead in the game, a site must have an article, it is imperative. There is one dilemma though, not many people like writing articles.
Many website owners would rather spend their time on something else, and unless you’re a big time company, you don’t have the necessary resources to use on a pool of article writers. Plagiarism or copying of other articles is frowned upon and could easily get you into trouble, worst case scenario; a hefty fine and jail time.
So what are your options?
Well, for starters if you hate writing articles and you can’t afford to hire people to write for you then don’t. You can get PLR articles or Private Label Right from a variety of sites. The first place to look for these types of articles would be a site like PLR.com or Need-an-Article.com. Here you won’t have problems with copyright infringement and the following penalties and fines if you get caught for plagiarism. You pay a small fee to get a bunch of articles. You read through the article and rewrite it so that it is in your own voice.
With Private Label Rights articles you purchase the label rights to post the article on your website, blog, or to article submission sites, in a newsletter it’s your decision. You post the article as your own. Always remember though that you will have to choose articles that is very relevant to your site.
The downside to private label rights articles is that since it is free for everybody, many of your competitors may have access to them as well. Since every site needs to be original and unique even though you have the same niche, this could be a predicament. You may also have to edit them a bit to place more keywords and keyword phrases to make them better.
Another way to get free articles is to allow other sites which has the same subject or topic as yours to submit articles to your site. This would be only to augment your existing content or else all your articles would be leading to other sites since these articles would have resource boxes with them that could link or direct the readers to their site. That’s why it is important to have your own articles; you could use them to link your site to other sites as well.
But, to truly feel the impact of what a good article to you, go for original ones. There are many article writers who do part time and freelance article writing jobs that charges only minimal fees. You can get good articles that have all the keywords and keyword phrases you need and people are looking for.
The investment you made for these articles would be worthwhile because you could use them for all the benefits you could offer. You hold copyrights to them and you will be able to use them anyway you want. As your articles help you in building your business and your site, you will have more articles to write and maybe then you won’t be having second thoughts about posting articles.
If you should need any assistance in where to post your articles our service will be happy to post them for you for a nominal fee.
Contact: Julia@juliasvaservice.com for more info.
Nowadays, most businesses are using the internet for different purposes. With the increasing results from social media, it is not surprising that businesses find it to be the most useful tool in their online marketing strategies. Yet, there are still some businesses that didn’t even put effort to perfect their social media use. Being so, they are present online but are not reaping the numerous benefits that social media could do for their business.
Is your business one of them?
Now, don’t fret just yet because many businesses have suffered the same fate. The thing is you’re here and seeking remedies. So that means you want to be free from mistakes and want to improve use of social media for your business. Here’s how to clarify your next moves:
1. Define your goals. In any aspect of a business, goals are most important. You need to set your goals in order to measure your room of improvement. Before doing any campaign or promotion, set a realistic and doable goal. For example, you’re doing business in local area and you wanted to use the social media marketing to create a website or maybe a blog for your business. Your main goal here is to increase web traffic to increase popularity in turn. See? Setting a goal is a great help because it provides direction, and you will have different strategies on how to use the social media effectively.
2. Acknowledge you audience. Gaining lots of audience can also make your business a success. But, you must gain trust their trust first. To do so, you must make them feel how valuable and important they are. Building a connection with them is a start, or for those who wish to reach out to you, acknowledge their moves.
3. Engage with your customers. This is all about interacting with your audience. So how do you engage with your customers? What is now the level of your interaction with them? Speaking directly to your customers and speaking to them in social medium is a big difference. You could start with asking them about their opinions. Call your top ten clients so you will know their insights and feedbacks. These are ways of making them feel their voice matters.
Second, provide a way for your customers to complain. You don’t want your customers to be unhappy, right? So, it is much better if you provide a way so you can easily answer to their complaints. Lastly, always respond to them. Every time you ask about their opinions or suggestions, make sure that you respond. It makes them feel that you value them and realize that their opinions are important to you. Because of this, they will engage you more. Lastly, campaign and engagement are different. When you say campaign, it is clearly having a pack of people doing something for a specific purpose. Engagement of your clients is all about a commitment that needs to be sustained.
4. Don’t focus on one social media channel. What comes into your mind if you hear the word “social media”? Is it Twitter? Perhaps Facebook? Those are just examples of social networking sites that people are using to communicate with each other nowadays. Always remember that different people from different platforms are the ones that you are attracting.
So, always make sure that they know on how to get in touch with you on different platforms and various channels. Remember that your audience isn’t using just one platform so tap them all by being in the avenues they’re active in.
Those are just some of the things that you should do to avoid making a mistake in social media marketing. Whether you business will be successful or not, the fate of you business is still in your hands. Just always remember to do your best.
In this day and age of online marketing, content has been heralded as king, and for good reasons. People flock to sites not because of the flashy graphics nor the astounding features nor the witty domain name of the said pages, but because of the information contained therein that would enlighten them with their queries of the moment.
Content is even more potent in winning visitors than, say, search engine placements. You may derive a tremendous amount of traffic from the search engines, but if your content is junk, your visitors will never come back. But with good content, you’ll have recurring visitors who will be eager to read your latest update.
You are most probably aware about the importance of traffic. Relying on unique visitors alone won’t give you the traffic that can be considered as sustainable. You must find a way that would encourage previous visitors to return to your site as well. Good content does this with relative ease. It goes without saying then that your website should have rich, premium, informative content. Content is indeed king, and your web pages serves as the throne. For the success of your business, your website should be constructed as such.
Here are some simple steps that would help you build a content site, and fast:
- Develop the layout that is simple and pleasant to the eyes. By keeping away from flashy ornaments, you’ll be able to manipulate the focus of your visitors to the content you want to share. Let your content carry your web pages and let the words speak for themselves.
- You cannot rely on words alone, no matter how witty and cleverly used they are. There should be substance behind them as ultimately, the worth of your words is what would impress upon your visitors the true value of your website as a quality resource hub. So do your research.
- Make sure you know the subject matter by heart before writing your content. If you have questions about the same, do not try to conceal them with silence. Seek out the answers and leave no bases uncovered. Make your content as comprehensive as possible, and your visitors won’t have to look elsewhere to find the answers they are seeking.
- Your content should be presented credibly. Employing good writing skills would be instrumental to achieve this. Pay attention to the intricacies of writing for the web. Write well, but in a simple manner.
- Avoid using jargons and flowery words. Keep your paragraphs short so that you could make good use of negative space, that blank area between clusters of words, which would allow your readers’ eyes to rest. Use bullets and numberings as much as possible. Online users are not really known for their patience, and this is something you have to work on.
- When writing your content, make sure that the first part of your piece is capable of grabbing your visitors’ interest so that they would be motivated to read on. In these times of convenient surfing, bear in mind that your readers can always go to another site if they don’t find your content engaging. The challenge lies in capturing their interests and giving them what they want. This would compel them to read on and stay.
- Always update your website with new content. Not only will the search engines love this, resulting in a higher page rank for your site, your visitors will likewise be encouraged to return to your site come for the new information you would share.
- Consider using blogs instead of traditional HTML designs. Blogs are very easy to set up and update. Once you have typed your entries, all you have to do is to click on a button to publish them. A lot of Internet marketers actually use blogs in creating several mini-sites for their AdSense campaign. Blogs allow them to set up multiple pages in one day. And with the way blogs are favorably getting indexed at the forefront of every search engine result, their value has fantastically increased in recent months!
If your article site is powered by Article Dashboard, a great way to get your content out to many article sites with a few mouse clicks is using Articles Submit. This is a great free program that is very easy to set up and will get your articles out to many sites fast. http://www.content-crazy.com/download/artsubmit.zip
Content is king, but you wield control. Furnish the king with royal garments and surely, your online kingdom would reap the rewards at a faster rate.
Most people ask the wrong questions when talking with marketers: “How can you make money off social networks?”
The value is placed on social networks such as Facebook, Pinterest, Orkut, Friendster, LinkedIn, Mixx, Stumbleupon, Reddit, Twitter and Flikr, while ignoring the real reason these networks were setup and how you can use those ideas to help your business……
The top social networking websites which are Facebook, Twitter, and now Pinterest were founded as a way to stay in touch with friends and family and to meet new people online that all share the same ideas. LinkedIn has a similar slant – it is great for entrepreneurs and professionals who want to keep track of their contacts for hiring / outsourcing. Flicker is just a blindingly simple tool for sharing photos.
The success of social networks marks a dynamic shift in how people are using the Internet. We have evolved from just searching for information to creating and participating in social spaces with other individuals through the Internet. This model is based upon the hive mentality where people identify themselves as part of a group with similar likes and interests that draw them together.
Social networks make viral marketing and word-of-mouth marketing much easier than before. The best use of social networks is not to make money ‘directly’ off them, but to harness their marketing potential and to use them to market your own business. The best way to do that is to optimize your website (including the process of link building) for your target keywords.
Online social networks present an efficient platform for you to use in the spread of your marketing message. In addition, they are also a great tool for getting tons of visitors and thousands of page views to your site.
What this all means is that you need to devote more of your attention towards how you can leverage the traffic you do receive from these sources. To do that, you should allow your visitors to create their own social network centered on your niche topic. The power of this cannot be missed since social networks allow for multiple points of connections between almost anyone on Earth, giving them the ability to find, share, enjoy, and track anything and everything that tickles their fancy.
Social network marketing works in the exact same fashion, except people choose to provide your link without being asked to do so, and places like del.ici.ous, Digg, Blogpulse, and Technorati give them the ability to do that. In offline terms, that means turning towards your friends and family to ask for their opinions. Online, it means turning towards a group of trusted people whose opinions and recommendations you value.
In fact, in lots of cases, you’ve probably done some research on your own, using the traditional search engine marketing model and then turned to a social network that you’re a part of to validate your findings and complete your research by getting their experiences and opinions about the topic. This is social network marketing at work in its purest form.
Online social networks provide the platform needed to speak out (if they are so inclined) or to simply watch the conversations as they happen.read more
Content is king. You have probably heard that a million times but it’s true. That is why writing articles is one of the most utilized Internet marketing media today. It’s also one of the most abused marketing methods.
The online advertising craze began picking up with the introduction of FFA (Free For ALL) sites. These sites allowed you to submit your link or ad, which slowly rotated off the page as new links were submitted. Once this method of advertising became known, scores of people rushed to FFA sites and began submitting their ads. Programmers invented ways to automate the process of submitting links to hundreds of sites within seconds, causing it to become an ineffective marketing option because of the scores of people who began using this system. Links would rotate off the page within seconds and this eventually led to the downfall and popularity of them.
Another marketing method, which quickly became useless, was banner advertising and exchanges. People covered their sites with banners, learned how to cheat exchanges and surfers began to train their eyes to ignore them completely. As a result, image advertising also became ineffective.
Automated page creation was also a problem as thousands of people began to create gateway pages as a means to draw in the search engines with multiple pages stuffed with keywords to increase their site’s page rank. Gateway page generators automated the process of building these pages and soon they sprang up all over the net. Eventually this fad also became useless due to abuse as well as the introduction of smarter search engine spiders.
The latest moneymaking craze is Google Adwords. Once pay-per-click advertising grew in popularity, webmasters discovered how easy it was to earn income by stuffing their sites with useless content in order to profit from textual advertising. The automation monster appeared again making it fairly easy to submit articles to hundreds of content sites by merely clicking a few buttons.
Search engines have begun penalizing web sites for duplicate content. In response, new programs are being created which randomize paragraphs and change words within an article to make them unique enough to bypass the duplicate content filters.
Publishers are beginning to recognize the different methods of article abuse and it’s becoming more difficult to get articles approved. As editors begin tiring of trying to keep up with the massive influx of articles that are obviously written for the sole purpose of gaining link popularity or to advertise affiliate links, we will see more article directories shut down.
Is automation really the monster here? I think not!
Automated article submission is a great tool for submitting articles to a large number of sites providing it is used properly. So what’s the problem?
Greed and laziness – plain and simple.
Automation allows writers to submit their articles to many sites quickly and easily, freeing up more time to write original content. The problem comes from those who are always looking for a shortcut to making money, rather than to work for it.
Article marketing abuse will soon reach its peak just as FFA sites, banner advertising and gateway pages did. For now, we can only wait until those hoping to get rich quick find another marketing option to automate and abuse.
When it comes to tactics and strategies to improve search engine results, there’s really nothing more important than the content on your website. Content, after all, is what the search engines analyze to determine the validity of a webpage and website. For this very reason, many webmasters focus their content efforts with the search engines in mind.
However focusing entirely on your search engine results is a mistake because search engines don’t buy your products or services, they don’t click on your ads and affiliate links and they don’t contribute directly to your bottom line – customers do.
This is why it’s essential that you write your content for your audience first and the search engines second. This, however, presents a conundrum because sometimes it’s difficult to combine the two. Keywords don’t always fit into an article or blog post naturally.
Here are three steps to write your SEO content and still sound natural.
Research your keywords and keyword phrases. Choose one to focus on in your article and then set it aside.
Write your content, keeping your main keyword topic in mind, without even thinking about keywords and keyword phrases. For example, if your keyword phrase is, “How to housetrain a puppy,” then you’ll write an article about how to housetrain a puppy however as you’re writing it, you’re not worrying about if you’re using the keyword phrase or not. Your entire focus is on writing a quality article for your audience.
Working in your keywords. Once your article or blog post has been written, then it’s time to go back with your keyword at the ready. Read through your article and insert this keyword or keyword phrase where it seems to fit naturally. Keep in mind the fact that search engines are also looking for relevant words so if you’re writing about puppy housebreaking, you can also use housetraining and potty training occasionally to break up the monotony and help the search engines recognize the relevance of your article.
When inserting your primary keyword or keyword phrase keep in mind the places the search engine spiders are going to look.
- Your headline
- Your subheadings
- Your first paragraph
- Your last paragraph
- In the body of the article
When using your keywords aim for a density of about three to seven percent. Anymore and search engines might recognize your content as being keyword stuffed. To determine percentage simply take the number of times you use your keyword and divide it by the total words. Therefore, if you have a 450 word article and you use your keyword 18 times you have a keyword density of four percent.
Once you’ve completed your article, read it aloud to see if it sounds natural. This is one of the best ways to evaluate it. Remember to keep your audience in mind first and the search engines second – this strategy will always pay off.
To Keep in the Know About SEO Sign Up to Our Newsletter Click Hereread more
Getting traffic to your website isn’t just about building links and ranking in the search engines. That’s just one source of potential customers. Social media is the next source that most people consider and that’s definitely a way to increase your reach. The truth is that the more visible you are online, the more traffic you will get. That’s why guest posting on other people’s blogs can increase the traffic to your own site exponentially.
How does being a guest blogger work?
When you write an article for another website, all the people who visit that site will see what you’ve written. If it’s well written and engaging they will read the entire article and see the author box which gets included at the end of every guest post. If they enjoyed your article, they may then click on one of the links you’ve included in your bio. That’s where your traffic comes from. And this is traffic that wouldn’t necessarily have found you in any other way.
In addition, if you can create a conversation by encouraging people to comment on your guest post, you can increase traffic even more. Readers start to make a connection with you through the comments and want to learn more by clicking on your avatar that links to your site.
4 Keys to getting traffic from being a guest blogger:
- Write quality posts on relevant topics. You should always be presenting your best quality writing anywhere you post. However, when you write for another person’s blog you also need to choose topics that are highly relevant to their readers (as well to your own market). They won’t read your article if it’s not relevant to them and the guest blog owner may not want to publish it otherwise.
- Select sites whose readers are your target market. Choose the places you guest post carefully to make the most out of your efforts. Find ones that get a decent amount of traffic from people that you are trying to attract as customers. Gaining highly targeted traffic is one of the biggest benefits of guest posting.
- Always keep track of comments. As soon as you know the post has been published, subscribe to the comments so that you’ll be able to respond. Whenever someone makes a comment, be sure to leave your own response right away. They will appreciate it and often click through on your link.
- Write a tempting bio box. There’s no point writing an amazing guest post just to have a boring author bio at the end that leads to nowhere. Write a few words about yourself and then invite readers to click on a specific link for something, such as a special offer, report, free giveaway, etc.
What to write in your guest blog post
Here are just a few ideas for topics you can write as guest blog post on:
- Create an FAQ about a topic related to your industry
- Describe the most common mistakes people make in your market
- Share your own experience with a relevant tool or tactic
- Do a Top Ten list of best practices for success in your market
- Write a “how to” tutorial on a topic that typically challenges people
If your guest blog posts are valuable and well-written, they will increase your visibility as an expert in your field. If the sites you choose to guest blog on have readers in your target market, you will start drawing more and more traffic to your site. And, as targeted traffic, these are the readers who are most likely to become long term readers and customers of your own.
Don’t let lack of time or unfamiliarity with current social media technology be a barrier to your online success.
Explode your online brand presence by ensuring that your audience is engaged and willing to build relationships with you. People will do business with you when they know, like and trust you.
These days, in social media marketing, knowing that you really must have an active and engaged presence on the major networking sites is not enough. There is much more to it.read more